This “in the spotlight” feature will commend Christine Lacey-MacPhee MBE on her past achievements and her continuing passion for dance.
Christine was awarded her M.B.E in the Queen’s 2014 New Year Honours List for services to Scottish Highland Dancing. She was presented with her M.B.E. by His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales, on 12th February 2014 at Buckingham Palace, London.
Christine lives in Bonhill with husband and successful bagpiper Donald. A Highland Dancing Champion with no less than six world medals to her name, Christine danced competitively for more than 20 years and now helps Associations, Organisations and dancers connected with Highland Dancing. In her position as Chair of the Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing she continues to try and improve Highland Dancing and take it to the 21st Century whilst retaining the culture and tradition that she values so highly.
Christine featured in an article for the Daily Record by Jenny Foulds where some of this information has been taken from. If you would like to read the full article please click the link here.
Friday, 30 October 2015 00:00
Christine Lacey MBE keeping the Highland Dancing Tradition alive across the worldWritten by Mark Anderson
Published in In The Spotlight
Latest from Mark Anderson
- 2017 World Highland Champions
- Harry Wilson
- 2017 Conference AGM Saturday
- 2017 Conference Saturday Night Dinner Dance
- 2017 Conference Sunday Lectures and Inventive Dance Competition
- 2017 Conference Showcase Friday Night
- Conference Showcase Rehearsal 7th May 2017
- Scottish West Region Teachers Day of Dance 29th January 2017
- Warrington Medallist Festival 19th February 2017
- UK Bobby Barr Freestyle Scholarships gallery 2017
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.